Endodontic Retreatment Fairfax VA
Endodontic Retreatment in Fairfax VA, Arlington VA, & Alexandria VA
With the appropriate care, your teeth that have had endodontic treatment will last as long as other natural teeth.
Yet, a tooth that has received treatment may fail to heal or pain may continue to exist. Sometimes, the pain may occur months or years after treatment. If so, Endodontic Retreatment in Fairfax VA may be needed.
Improper healing may be caused by:
- Curved or narrow canals could not be treated during the initial treatment.
- Complicated canals went undetected during the initial treatment.
- The crown or restoration was not placed within the appropriate amount of time following the procedure resulting in leakage and re-infection.
- The crown or restoration did not prevent saliva from contaminating the inside of the tooth.
In some cases, new problems can influence a tooth that was successfully treated:
- New decay can expose a root canal filling material, causing infection.
- A cracked or loose filling or crown can expose the tooth to new infection.
Once retreatment has been selected as a solution to your problem, Dr. Fein will reopen your tooth to gain access to the root canal filling material.
This restorative material will be removed to enable access to the root canal. Dr. Fein will then clean your canals and carefully examine the inside of the problematic tooth.
Once cleaned, the doctor will fill and seal the canals and place a temporary filling in the tooth.
At this point, you will need to return to your dentist as soon as possible in order to have a new restoration placed on the tooth to restore full functionality.
Are You Ready to Transform Your Smile? Call us or request an appointment today.
I had no idea it [a root canal] could be this smoothly or this quick. It was a pleasant experience. If I ever need another root canal I'll definitely give you all a call
- Michael M
Thorough explanation and polite, professional service by all.
- Kathy R
Excellent from start to finish!
- Martha S
- PBHS T